Saturday, March 14, 2009

Breakfast

This is totally my secret weapon. I'm not really a breakfast person, so this is just enough to keep me from getting hungry too early. It also feels AWESOME to eat something so healthy everyday. By 8am, I've already got tons of vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids distributing themselves properly to give me energy and focus!

Oh, it's important for something like this to use organic ingredients. Since you're eating raw, it makes a huge difference in both taste and safety.

OK, start with whichever fruits and veggies suit your fancy. Today it was a cucumber, navel orange, quarter of a pink grapefruit, some going-mushy strawberries, and the stalks leftover from a bunch of spinach. Wash/peel/etc everything as appropriate. You don't have to remove ends or leaves or anything like that - it all goes in, baby.

This is the juicer I use. It's fabulous for under $100. Centrifugal, so you want to consume whatever it is that you juice within 15 mins (so Kristin tells me).

So I juice everything, and to that I add:
Udo's oil is a FAB.U.LOUS way to get essential fatty acids. A tablespoon of this in a glass of juice is virtually tasteless. My picture is blurry, but the oil is still amazing. Also, this helps to not feel hungry for several hours. Juice alone is hungry-city by 9am.

Just do it, trust me.

And since I know you are wondering how much of a PITA cleaning a juicer might be...
Get one that comes apart so you can clean it easily! I rinse mine right afterward in hot water, maybe a squirt of Dr Bronner's, and I'm good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment